Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Connecting an RL80C Plus CRC to RL70C Plus CRC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to connect a recently purchased RL80C Plus as a repeater to the already fitted RL70C Plus. I have purchased an HSB2 lead to connect them and the Seatalk 1 three way splitter but having difficulty purchasing the W287 (9 metre) Seatalk 1 lead to connect them both. Is there an alternative Seatalk lead I could use? And will the RL80C repeater need it’s own power supply? Many thanks.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Q1. (I am) having difficulty purchasing the W287 (9 metre) Seatalk 1 lead to connect them both. Is there an alternative Seatalk lead I could use?
A1. The part number which you have listed is incorrect. SeaTalk cable is available in 15", 1m, 3m, 5m, 9m, 20m, and 200m lengths (D230, D284, D285, D286, D287, D288, and Q018 respectively). Should your dealer not stock the desired length of cable, then any of the above listed cable lengths should be capable of being ordered through an authorized Raymarine dealer. Shorter SeaTalk cables may also be joined using D244 SeaTalk Junction Blocks, splices, marine grade terminal strips, or R55006 SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Boxes to create a SeaTalk bus of the desired length.

Q2. Will the RL80C repeater need it’s own power supply?
A2. hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Displays are not designed to be powered via their communications interfaces. These displays were designed to be powered via the W144 Power/NMEA 0183 Input Cable which was packed with the display.
Many thanks for your quick response Chuck, very helpful.
You're welcome.
Chuck can you advise what size wire you would use, and fuse rating in this installation. Many thanks.
Steve,

The display should be protected with a 20A fuse/breaker. Please click here to view information concerning how to select the appropriate wire gauge for your product.
Many thanks.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's