Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] axiom 9 transducer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Axiom 9, Do I need the dual transducer pack on my twin screw inboard sea ray, or can I use the rv-200 single transducer, 21 degree hull angle?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum garybly,

Transom mounted transducers are not recommended for vessel's having inboard propulsion. I suspect that you will fined that your hull does not feature a flat spot on the keel to accommodate installation of a RV-200. In this case, it would be recommended that a thru-hull RV transducer pair appropriate for the deadrise of the installation area be installed (i.e. RV-220 or RV320).
I'm sorry I meant the rv-220 through hull, can I install just one transducer? I think the rv-320 comes in a kit of 2? I only want to install one if possible?
garybly,

Tilted element thru-hull RV transducers are not designed to be installed singly. Both right and left elements of these RV transducers must be installed. The T70319 RV-220 and T70321 RV-320 20 Degree Through Hull Transducer Packs each feature a pair of transducer and a Y-Cable.
Thanks for the info! I thought that was the case, wanted to make sure...
You're welcome.
Reference URL's