Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] i60 wind to Seatalk1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have an set of ST60+ instruments all seatalked1 together. The Wind instrument has died (yes I ran volt checks and Masthead seems ok). Since the ST60+ does not seem to be supported/repairable at this point I am getting an i60 Wind. Is this a plug and play if I get the right cable or do I need a black box of some sort to make it play nice on the old network? I am guessing all I really lose if I don't integrate it at all is wind vane mode on the autopilot. There are no repeaters.
Thanks
Kim
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kim,

As far as connecting the transducer to an i50/i60 instrument, i50/i60 instruments are plug and play with respect to replacing a ST60/ST60+ instrument. While i50/i60 instruments are designed to support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications, they feature a pair of sockets which are designed to accept a SeaTalkng Spur Cable rather than a SeaTalk 3-pin press fit plug. Raymarine offers the A06047 400mm Adapter Cable to permit i50/i60 instruments to be connected to closely located products having a SeaTalk 3-pin press fit socket. For devices supporting SeaTalk communications which are located further away, the A06047 400mm Adapter Cable may be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to which the cable having SeaTalk 3-pin press fit plug (currently connected to the ST60/ST60+ instrument's SeaTalk socket) may then also be connected.
Thanks got the cable and installed today. Install is tight in the old ST60+ [censored] instrument is fine but the suncovers are thicker so in an ideal world the spacing should be another 1/4" or so from the old instruments on the Nav pod.

But new instrument has same problem as old (wind speed reads 0.0) Pretty confused as volts to/from mast head read as I believe they should. Showing 2v in very light wind on the wind speed (Yellow) and I can see the needle bounce with the pulses. It was higher the other day when there was more wind. Guess I order a masthead and take a trip up. aaargh!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's