Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] NMEA 0183 from Axiom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just upgraded my MDF from an e80 to an Axiom 9. I also installed a AIS 700. All features seem to be working fine and talking to each other at this time. I need to find an output of NEMA 0183 to get GPS data to my iCom IC-M504 VHF to hhave the DSC on the radio work. I see that there are outputs on the AIS700 for this but the manual also says that these leads are intended for diagnostic purposes only. It there a way to come off the Seatalk backbone or the SeatalkHF?

Thannk you
Rob
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rob,

Should the AIS700 be interfaced via bidirectional 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications to the E-Series Classic MFD, then you need only connect the AIS700's 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 leads to the 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 lead of the ICOM VHF radio. GPS data will be transmitted by the MFD to the AIS700 at 38400 BAUD. The AIS700's multiplexer will in turn re-transmit this GPS data to the VHF radio at 4800 BAUD. No settings need be changed within the MFD or AIS700 to accomplish this end.
Reference URL's