Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Link to older forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

Does anyone have a link - or access to - the older forums?

I am looking in particular for a post I created about September 2015 where I used a Maretron "Micro Field-Attachable Connector - Male - FA-CM-ST" to bridge between STNG and N2K networks. My recollection was that I whacked an end off a STNG backbone and attached this connector - I'm pretty sure I took a photo of the Maretron documentation with the STNG wires identified.

It worked a peach on my previous vessel and now I need to replicate on my new one.

Regards,
Keith
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Keith,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the retirement of the old Raymarine Technical Community Forum.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the subject of connecting a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to a third party NMEA 2000 backbone cable.
Thank you Chuck - that 2nd link will help with the pin connections. In my prior installation I power isolated the two backbones, that link referred to a single power at the midpoint - is that preferred?
Keith,

Q. In my prior installation I power isolated the two backbones, that link referred to a single power at the midpoint - is that preferred?
A. Yes. Please note that the ACU-400 is capable of supplying power to a backbone. It is considered to be a best installation practice to use a dedicated, switched 12VDC power circuit to power to the backbone rather than to use an ACU or autopilot course computer to do so.
Reference URL's