Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom sounder voltage supply too low? My battery has 12.40 volts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Axiom RV100 sounder voltage supply too low? My battery has 12.40 volts?
What’s going on? I never had this error code before.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

Insufficient power statements such as you have reported may result from insufficient voltage and/or current being supplied to the MFD. Which version of software (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO) is presently installed with the MFD? Has a 1kW transducer or 600W 50kHz/200kHz additionally been interfaced to the MFD? Were the power leads of the MFD extended? If so, what gauge wire was used to extend its power leads and how much length was added. Were you trolling at the time that the problem was reported? If so, how long had you been trolling? If after returning to dock, connecting the vessel to shore power, permitting the batteries to attain full charge, and then (and while still connected to shore power) can the problem be duplicated?
ok, I have charged my battery to 100% and will go out to test it again and see whether I can re-produced the error message. It is RV100 instead of RVX1000. So, guess it takes less power. I never had this problem but it has been a year since I owned it.

I will report back after I test it with 100% battery.
I switched my 7amh battery for my kayak to the 35 amh for my big boat electronics when I went out again to test the Raymarine UAV on my Axiom 9" MFD mounted on my kayak.

I had no more warnings of low voltage when flying my drone and using 3D fishfinder. The bigger battery is needed if you plan to be on the water longer than 2 hours to use 3d fishfinder and flying the drone.

7amh can only last for 2 hours doing both, and then it will not power 3d fishfinder or connected to the drone and flying the drone.
Noted.
Reference URL's