Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] How to Add "i" Instruments to Existing ST Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have an existing ST network that includes an “E” series display and an SG3 autopilot system. I need to replace the existing Nexus instruments and transducers, so I am designing a Raymarine system replacement. Please review the attached. Recommendations/corrections appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Is the MFD which you have referenced an E80 or E120 E-Series Classic MFD? If not, then please respond with the MFD's product ID and serial number. If so, then the MFD should be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus when adding a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to the system. Instead, the E-Series Classic MFD will be interfaced as a spur to the backbone via the A06061 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter. Accordingly the backbone must be extended to the location of the MFD. The MFD must also be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software if this version of software is not already installed in the MFD.

The instruments and iTC-5 will be powered via single power insertion spur ... recommend that you consider using one of the spur sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
Reference URL's