Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Instrument SeaTalkng Diagram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm preparing to install the following instruments connected via SeaTalkng network.

Axiom 7 DV (without supplied transducer)
i70S
EV-100 w/ P70S Control Head
ITC5 Analog to SeaTalkng Converter
ST800/P120 Speed Temp Transducer
D800/P17 Depth Transducer

Attached is a drawing of how I plan to connect the instruments to the SeaTalkng backbone, based on review of the various SeaTalkng diagrams I've found in the various instrument manuals.

I appreciate your review and suggestions.

Thanks
Ward
Ward,

Your diagram looks great and appear to be correct with respect to how the equipment will networked.
Chuck,
Glad I got it right. Thanks

Two more questions.
Should I individually switch the three power circuits in the diagram or should/can I group two or all three of them on one switch.

If I were to group two I think it makes sense to group the chart plotter with the backbone power via the ITC 5 and switch the AP power separately.
Any suggestions on the switching setup?

The boat spends the winter out of the water. Is it safe for the depth transducer to be powered up while on the hard? Or do I need to disconnect it from the ITC5 when it is out of the water?

Thanks
Ward
Ward,

Q1. Should I individually switch the three power circuits in the diagram or should/can I group two or all three of them on one switch.

If I were to group two I think it makes sense to group the chart plotter with the backbone power via the ITC 5 and switch the AP power separately.
Any suggestions on the switching setup?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2.The boat spends the winter out of the water. Is it safe for the depth transducer to be powered up while on the hard? Or do I need to disconnect it from the ITC5 when it is out of the water?
A2. Given the low power output of instrument depth transducers, it is quite unlikely that any damage would occur to the depth transducer. That said, if one were to operate the equipment for extended periods out of the water, then it would be recommended that the depth transducer be disconnected from the system.
Chuck,
That explains it well.
Thanks for your time and support.
Have a good Holiday!

Ward
You're welcome.
Reference URL's