Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Auto Pilot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´ll try to explain what is happening with my autopilot:
The autopilot is controlling the boat normally and suddenly the P70 begins to alarm and the screen becomes grey . At this time appears the message ¨ CURRENT LIMIT ".
It continues to alarm and a message ¨DRIVE STOPPED¨ appears.. At this time, the pilot return to the original screen and don´t accept any command. This state rests for 2 to 10 minutes and then accept commands again. This problem also ocurred during a comissioning procidure. By the way, the GPS data comes from a Garmin chart plotter .

I checked all the way of the power wire and allconnections and didn´t find any problem.

My boat equipment
SPX-10
P70
Drive Type 1
Rudder sensor
Chart Plotter Garmin

Thank you
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Laynes,

The reported message is indicating that the drive unit is demanding too much current ... in this case, so much so that it is starving the SeaTalk and/or SeaTalkng networks of power. Causes for this condition may include one or more of the following:
- a drive unit which is in need of servicing / drive unit failure ... have the drive unit serviced
- a problem with the vessel's steering system ... check for freedom of movement
- incorrectly configured rudder stop angle causing the mechanical linear drive to become fully extended, fully retracted, or the rudder to be driven against its stops ... adjust rudder stop angle to be the lesser of 30 degrees or 5 degrees less than the maximum rudder angle which may be accomplished by turning the vessel's wheel
- incorrectly configured / faulty rudder reference transducer ... verify that the reported rudder angle is correct throughout its swing
- use of an undersized drive unit and course computer for the size of the vessel and/or condition of the seas being operated ... upgrade the drive unit and course computer / ACU.
- failing autopilot course computer or ACU ... have the autopilot course computer or ACU bench checked / serviced by your Certified Raymarine Installer or Raymarine's Product Repair Center.
Reference URL's