Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] DSM300 Power Supply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DSM300 connected to an E80 classic network via a Seatalk HS ethernet cable. My question is: Is the DS300 drawing power even when not being used or displayed on the chartplotter (which is most of the time in my case) or is it shut off when not displayed? My concern is about using considerable battery power when under sail and not needed. Can I turn the power off from the E80? If not, would it be OK to insert a toggle switch in the DS300 power cable and turn in off manually? Right now, all instruments are turned on by one switch. Thanks.
Lee
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lee,

The DSM300 will indeed continue to draw power when the system's MFDs are switched OFF. While the MFD can control whether the fishfinder sonar module is pinging (a higher power state), it is not capable of controlling the power state of a fishfinder sonar module. As you have suggested, it is recommended that fishfinder sonar modules be powered from dedicated switched power circuit. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing power circuits for marine electronics.
Reference URL's