Raymarine forum

Full Version: [LW11] Connecting the constant running hydraulic pump E12172 to the ACU-300 pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

From where do we get the supply for the motor, as there is no "motor" connection on the ACU-300? I didn't find the information in the ACU-300 installation manual.
Thanks.
Dear guavaberrytree,

The ACU300 does not have a 12v power supply for a motor, the ACU300 is for solenoid drive units only. What drive unit do you have as it seems the ACU300 could be the incorrect auto-pilot for your steering system.

Please find the table below for referencing suitable auto-pilots for your drive type.

Many Thanks
Louise
Thank you Louise.
I have a solenoid drive unit, the Raymarine constant running hydraulic pump E12172.
Dear guavaberrytree,

Thank you for the response.

I have just reviewed the manual for the E12172, the image has not been updated to reflect the ACU300. Where it states motor in the image, this should say solenoid. I will get this amended.

Take the positives of Solenoid cable A and Solenoid cable B to the Solenoid A and B ports on the ACU300, then the negatives need to run back to the negative port on the ACU300.

Many Thanks
Louise
Hi Louise,

I understand how to connect the solenoids, but I am not sure where to connect the motor.
My question is: From where do I get the 24V for the motor?

Thanks.
Hi guavaberrytree

Thank you for your feedback

The motor supply is direct from distribution board where it can be correctly fused or protected by a circuit breaker. The supply can be switched by a relay so that the pump only runs when AUTO is selected, the relay can be triggered by the BYPASS connection on the ACU300.

Regards
Derek
Hi Derek,

Thank you very much. I am glad to learn that I can use the "bypass" connection to trigger a relay.

Best regards.
Hi Guavaberrytree

You're welcome

Thanks
Derek
Hi Derek,

I have connected a relay to the "bypass" connection of the ACU 300.
When I press "auto" I get the right voltage but after about 10 seconds, the voltage drops to 0V. I tried without anything connected to the "bypass" connection, I tried the 12V and the 24V positions, no difference. How can I get a constant voltage on this "bypass" connection?

Thank you.
Hi guavaberrytree

The outcome you advise is expected - with nothing connected across the output terminals, the ACU identifies that there is nothing connected and so only supplies output for a short period of time, it then shuts down.

We have had reports that testing with a 12v Light bulb will be enough load to enable the output to remain functional.

Regards

Derek
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's