Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] p70/p70s and p70R/p70Rs Pilot Heads - Software Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got an email today regarding important software update for my P70R. I have an Axiom Pro MFD system connected to the autopilot. Will I need to install the software manually, or if I enable a wifi connection, will the Axiom auto update?

Please let me know
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum West32,

No software updates are truly automatic (i.e. simply connecting MFD's Wi-Fi to a Wi-Fi access point will not automatically cause the system's software to be update). Whether one intends to do so via Wi-Fi or via a microSD memory card which has been populated with software update files, the operator must command the MFD to update software. If performing this action via Wi-Fi the system will compare the software level within each of the system's components with the latest available software listed by Raymarine. Should any of the system's devices be found to have software which is not current, then the MFD's software update feature will present a software update dialog through which the operator may select to or not to update a product's software. It is recommended that all Raymarine products be maintained with the latest available product software updates. If software updates are available for an Evolution EV-1/2 CCU or ACU, then it is recommended that the ACU not be selected initially. After the EV-1/2 CCU's software has been updated, then the ACU's software may be updated. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions which should be followed after the software within an EV-1/2 CCU or ACU has been updated.
Reference URL's