Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Dragonfly 4DVS not powering on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, thanks for the add to the forum. I’ve been looking to find a fix for following:

Battery/volt test shows power getting all the way to the green plug before plugging into my dragonfly 4DVS screen. Pin 4 is fine and stayed at 12.8v but pin 5 started off at about 12.8v and then started a countdown. It literally just started dropping smoothly to 11 and then finally 10.X before I stopped testing. Im guessing that’s the issue but what’s the fix? And why is it doing that?

Thanks for any advice
Nelson
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nelson,

The Dragonfly Power / Transducer Cable features a filter circuit. In a properly operating Dragonfly Power / Transducer Cable, the measured voltage of the pins shown below should be that of the voltage supplied by the connected 12V battery or 12VDC power supply. Should this filter circuit degrade then the measured voltage of the pins shown below will drop in the manner which you have described.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2565]

Should the Dragonfly is still covered under warranty, then its transducer may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the reported problem occur, then it may be worked around by installing a Dragonfly Power / Transducer Extension Cable. Alternatively, the Dragonfly would be replaced.
Thanks Chuck. Are you saying that adding one of the cables (in picture) will likely solve the issue?
Yes. Dragonfly Power/Transducer Extension Cables feature power leads. When one of these extension cables is installed, its leads will be used to power the Dragonfly rather than those of the Dragonfly Power/Transducer Cable.
Very nice. Won’t enjoy all the extra wire being in my kayak but if this works, can’t complain. Could I splice and connect and replace just the plug to my original wire? Simple as red and black leads?
Nelson,

We do not recommend that one attempt affect a repair by splicing a fishfinder transducer's cable, as any such repair which affect's the transducer's leads often adversely affects the fishfinder's performance. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Thanks!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's