Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Radar w/ Axiom 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to add a radar to my boat. I have the Axiom 9" unit. I'm trying to stick with Raymarine but will use 3rd party if possible. I have a 19' older boat so not looking to spend to much. I want to be able to use more of the features in my head unit.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Skamionek,

Like radar displays of other marine electronics manufacturers, Raymarine MFDs are exclusively compatible with Raymarine branded MFDs. In the case of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, they are compatible with any currently manufactured Raymarine radome or open array radar. For this application, it would be recommended that a Quantum radome supporting Wi-Fi only communications be considered. If seeking a little more capability, most notably Doppler radar features, then it would be recommended that a Quantum 2 radome be considered. The latter may be installed with or without a Quantum Data Cable. When installed without a Quantum Data Cable, the Quantum 2 radome will support Wi-Fi communications with the MFD.
Reference URL's