Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Dual transducer placement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking into a new Axiom Pro 12RVX set up with the pair of RV220 transducers. My boat is a 23Seacraft CC I am assuming I need to run the pair of them because of the deadrise. Can anybody confirm?

My current setup is a C120W and C90W with a B60tilted transducer.

Right now the water inlet placement and the exiting B60 [censored] lines up port/starboard sides of the keel. Can I place the port transducer about 1 foot forward of the starboard with out any drop in image quality? I would like to reuse the B60 [censored] and move the second transducer forward of the water inlet.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Capecodfisherman,

Please note that it would be recommended that the B60 transducer be left in place as an additional fishfinder transducer to support 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder imaging, operation at depths not supported by the RV transducer, and to support bottom tracking at higher planing speeds than may be supported by the RV transducers. Should the B60 transducer's cable have been directly mated to a DSM30/DSM300/CP300/CP370 fishfinder sounder module, then it may be adapted to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Should you opt to not follow this recommendation then it would have been recommended that the RV transducers be installed at the same distance from the transom and on opposite sides of the keel. However, the slight fore/aft offset of the RV transducers which you have described should have little, if any, impact upon the imaging produced by the system.
Thank you for the response! The b60 does in fact have the short pig tail with the 'universal' end on it. The other placement I have available is behind the B60 and the water pickup I am assuming this is not a great option?
Capecodfisherman,

Q1. The b60 does in fact have the short pig tail with the 'universal' end on it.
A1. Unfortunately, as indicated within my initial response, compatibility of the B60 transducer would be dependent upon its cable having previously been directly mated to a DSM30/DSM300/CP300/CP370 fishfinder sounder module. Should the B60 transducer not be Raymarine branded and not have been directly interfaced to the DSM30/DSM300/CP300/CP370 fishfinder sounder, then it may not be recognized by the Axiom Pro RVX MFD. You may want to consider testing it with the Axiom Pro RVX MFD and if found to not be recognized by the MFD's Fishfinder application, then replacing it with the Raymarine CP370 compatible version of the B60 transducer.

Q2. The other placement I have available is behind the B60 and the water pickup I am assuming this is not a great option?
A2. It would not be recommended that that RV thru-hull transducers be installed directly aft of any other thru-hulls.
Thank you
Yes the B60 was mated to a DSM300, will I need to retain the DSM300 or will the B60 plug directly into the Axiom Pro unit?
Q1. Yes the B60 was mated to a DSM300,
A1. The B60 not only need to be mated to your DSM300, but it needed to be directly mated to the DSM300 (i.e. no adapters). If so, then the transducer may be adapted (part #A80496) to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Q2. will I need to retain the DSM300 or will the B60 plug directly into the Axiom Pro unit?
A2. The DSM300 is not supported for use with Axiom MFDs. See the response above addressing how a compatible B60 transducer may be adapted to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.
Reference URL's