Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] Tacktick instrument refusing to network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have three mn 100 instruments, two are Tacktick mn100 and one is a Raymarine mn 100-2. They have been working perfectly for a long time but after the Christmas break one of the Tacktick instruments will not join the network. It doesn't come to life when the chosen instrument is turned on, the other instrument does. I tried to use the recalcitrant instrument as the chosen one but the other two didn't want to know about that. So it is now in effect, useless. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Hello brianm, sorry that you've not had a reply before.

That looks like the battery in the problem instrument has reached the end of its life. It sounds like it's had many years of service, and like any battery will gradually lose capacity over time and use. Over the break I'd say its residual charge has dropped below the level required for it to start back up again.

The batteries in most Tacktick products are replaceable. You'll find a cover on the back, secured with 4 Torx-head screws, and behind that will be either a 2-cell (as in the case of your mn100) or 3-cell (as in the case of some larger displays) battery pack. The replacement pack can be ordered from any Raymarine dealer under part TA118 (2-cell) or TA119 (3-cell), and comes with a Torx driver to open the cover, and a replacement seal.

In the meantime, you might be able to get the display running again temporarily by leaving it in bright sun to charge for several days. If the battery still has a little life.

Regards,
Tom
Reference URL's