Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Micro Talk Wireless Gateway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m just about to mount my new Digital Radar Scanner on a mast being fabricated by Garhauer. The mast has an adjustment to level off the scanner if we are heeled for any length of time.
The mast comes with a 1” hoop over the radar scanner to mount auxiliaries such an GPS receivers, antennas etc.
I was thinking I would mount my Micro Talk Gateway up there out of the way.
But then I got thinking about some of the features of the Micro talk system and wondered will being heeled at 15-20 digs, and leveling the radar and the Gateway affect some of the calculations that the Micro Talk and wireless wind ananometer calculate?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum SVBREILA,

Q. I got thinking about some of the features of the Micro talk system and wondered will being heeled at 15-20 digs, and leveling the radar and the Gateway affect some of the calculations that the Micro Talk and wireless wind ananometer calculate?
A. It is not recommended that the Micro-Talk be installed in the location which you have specified. It is recommended that the Micro-Talk be installed at least 3' from radar transducers and devices featuring electric motors (such as the radome). While Raymarine has not specified any requirements for tilt, the Micro-Talk should be installed such that its orientation arrow is in line with or parallel to the vessel's centerline.
Reference URL's