Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Ais on ES 12 and i 70s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running a ES 12 chart plotter with a seatracer AIS transponder. This works transmits and recieves perfectly on the plotter. However i cannot get any ais information on the i70. I saw a thread that stated the plotter does not send any information to the backbone from the ais. If this is the case will the system work if the ais is on a dropper to the back bone and not into the plotter. Or is there another solution that you know of.
Thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum huggs,

If seeking to have both the eS-Series MFD and i70S/i70 MFID display AIS information, the AIS receiver/transceiver should be disconnected from the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface and must instead be interface to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the AIS transceiver not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 0183 communications interface, then a 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.) must be installed between the 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 output port of the AIS transceiver and a spur port within the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Please additionally note that unless the system features source of heading data (ex. autopilot, AR200, etc.), then the i70S/i70 MFIDs will be unable to display AIS data until underway and making way (SOG > 2kts) so as to produce a valid course over ground (COG).
Reference URL's