Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Side vision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the angle of the side vision transducer crystals in relation to horizontal? I am wondering how close to 90 degrees does the top of the cone comes. I have the ES now and am planning to upgrade to the Element. It seems to not pick up well in shallow water(less than15 feet) on the top side of the cone. It acts like it is shooting down more than out. I have the transducer adjusted up and out as much as it goes. Thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum eldora,

The side to side cone angle of each SideVision element is 60 degrees. I have the CP200 and CPT-200 transducer onboard my own boat. My experience has been different than that which you have suggested. I have my transducer's elements in the as manufactured (45 degree / middle) position and find that they transmit almost parallel to the water's surface (i.e. the onwater performance seems to suggest that the side to side cone angel is slightly greater than 60 degrees). The SideVision elements of RealVision transducers and Element transducers are also arranged a 45 degree angle which approximates the middle position of the CPT-200. RealVision and SideVision of Element specify 180 degrees of side to side coverage. It may be helpful to have you include some SideVision snapshots of bottom structure which we may be able to help you further interpret.
Reference URL's