Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom 9V MFD power issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Axiom 9V with RV100 3D fish finder. When I plug RV100 into Axiom, there is no power, no light of any color. Used two different 12V sources on boat. Is it possible transducer gone and Axiom self protects? When I bring Axiom from boat and use power mockup, GPS fine and all power normal. Both less than 6 months old. In service for 2 weeks. Thanks for any input.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nolajoe03,

Please note that transducers should neither be connected, nor be disconnected from a fishfinder display or fishfinder sonar module while the product is switched ON. Failure to heed this warning may result in damage to the transducer and/or the fishfinder display / fishfinder sonar module's circuitry. It is recommended that the vessel be hooked up to shore power / battery charger and that its battery(s) be permitted to attain a fully charged state. After doing so and while still connected to shore power, the system should be checked again. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the power and ground leads be inspected from the MFD to the breaker/fuse panel to the battery switch to the battery(s) to ensure that connections are free of corrosion, tight, and provide good continuity. If so, then it would be recommended that the transducer and/or the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Thanks much for your help. Turned out to be a supply problem, device working fine. I called the support tech number and got some info regards a safety circuit when transducer not in water. Still not quite clear on that one, but my problem turned out to be otherwise. Thanks again, great forum.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's