Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Yamaha to Raymarine MFD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read through the related posts and attempted to find an answer, but for the life of me I can't. I'm attempting to link my 2017 F200 to my E127. I have the command link cable from outboard, the E70242 cable to go from Yamaha to the ECI-100 and then to my NMEA 2000 backbone. The question I have is...can I go from Yamaha command link cable, to Raymarine E70242 cable, to ECI-100 or do I have to also install a full Yamaha Hub? Seems like an unnecessary step as I have no other command link gauges. Any ideas?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hoehn000,

Q. can I go from Yamaha command link cable, to Raymarine E70242 cable, to ECI-100 or do I have to also install a full Yamaha Hub?
A. Negative. Like products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, Yamaha engines, Command Link+ gauges, Command Link Plus controls, Command Link plus displays, and engine gateways, these items are each designed to be interfaced as individual spurs to a powered and properly terminated CAN bus. The engine gateway, in this case the ECI-100, will be interfaced as a spur to the engine CAN bus (Yamaha Hub ... supplied with proper termination and power) and as a spur to the marine electronics powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Reference URL's