Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] i40 depth gauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an ES15 MFD, Auto Pilot, VHF radio and i40 Depth Monitor. The VHF Radio and Autopilot both have power buttons. However, the 140 does not have a power button and does not power down when turning off the MFD. According to the manual on page 24 the i40 can be powered directly to 12 volts or powered through Sea Talk. Mine is connected to Sea Talk, shouldn't it power down when the MFD is powered off.
Thanks for your help.
Luther,

Raymarine's a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs are neither designed to be powered by their communications interfaces, nor to supply power to devices which have been connected to their communications interfaces. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing power circuits for marine electronics. If installed as recommended the i40 instrument will be powered from the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. In such situations, switching power OFF to the i40 would require that the circuit supplying power to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 200 backbone be switched OFF.
Reference URL's