Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Convert Analog Radar to new MFD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I currently have an analog based open array radar (circa 2005) originally connected to a C-series display and currently connected to E-series MFD. The radar works fantastically, but I would like to upgrade my single MFD to a couple of Axiom MFD's. Does raymarine, or anyone else, make an adapter/converter that would allow my existing and fully functional radar work with the Axiom MFD's (i.e., convert the analog to digital). It seems incredible that I need to trash my radar to upgrade my chartplotters.

Does raymarine have any imminent plans to offer a solid-state open array with doppler/dual range/etc.?

Thanks for any info.
taitelh,

Q1. Does Raymarine, or anyone else, make an adapter/converter that would allow my existing and fully functional radar work with the Axiom MFD's (i.e., convert the analog to digital).
A1. Unfortunately, no such adaptation is possible for using your radar pedestal with any of the models of Raymarine MFDs which were designed and manufactured following the E-Series Classic MFD. As there is a fairly large market for those seeking to replace or add a radome to C/E-Series Classic MFD or hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display, it is recommended that one consider selling such items via the second hand market to help offset the cost of a replacement open array radar pedestal and cable.

Q2. Does Raymarine have any imminent plans to offer a solid-state open array with doppler/dual range/etc.
A2. Raymarine has announced no plans to introduce a solid-state open array at this time.
Reference URL's