Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] EV200 pump size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an ACU-200 autopilot running a sport pilot drive on a 200hp sterndrive with power assist steering.
I've been having problems with the sport drive locking up/being stiff so am replacing my cable steering with hydraulic and want to change the sport drive out for a hydraulic pump.

The hydraulic cylinder for the new steering ram is quite small (I believe about 70cc) so a type 1 pump as specified for use with the ACU-200 would be too large.

My local Raymarine dealer has told me only the type 1 can be used with the ACU-200 and I haven't been able to find any other info on it but I found the below on another thread
(http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2093)

"NOTE: When used with an ACU-150 or ACU-200, a Type 0.5 pump may be used in hydraulic steering systems equipped with rams having capacities up to 150cc (9 cu. in.). When used with the ACU-100, it is recommended that it not be used in hydraulic steering systems equipped with rams having capacities greater than 110cc (6.7 cu. in.)"

My question is, can the type 0.5 pump (or a pump from another manufacturer) be used with the ACU-200 and if so, are there any modifications/setting changes needed to do so?
Hello Taking Time,

Sorry for the delay replying. You may already have an answer to your question, but in case not:

Yes, you can certainly use a smaller pump with ACU200. There's no lower limit to the pump capacity (current draw) that the ACUs can work with, only an upper limit. You can't use any bigger than a T1 pump with ACU200, but there are no problems using smaller.

Regards,
Tom
Reference URL's