Raymarine forum

Full Version: a series MFD and DSM 300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently installed an A series 128 MFD with Downvision sonar, 24" raydome, Ray 70 Vhf with Ais. Also have a DSM 300 with speed and temp transducer that is still installed because it is cheaper then repairing the [censored]. would it be of any benefit, and can it connect to my A 128 MFD. if yes how do I connect, I have no sea talk yet.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Doncloes,

Each type of sounder technology (CHIRP (Conical), DownVision, SideVision, 50/200kHz (conical)) provides a different type of sounder imagery to the system, thereby providing more complete information about bottom structure and objects suspended within the water column. The DSM30 and DSM300 are both indeed compatible with an a128 MFD. These sounder modules may be interfaced to the Ethernet Network socket of the MFD or HS5 Network Switch to which the MFD has been interfaced via an assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
So is it a standard Ethernet cable that will plug in to the DSM 300 and The MFD? The MFD and the DSM 300 are only 2' to 3' apart.
Doncloes,

"Standard Ethernet cable" should not be used to interface these products. Per the prior response, these products should be interfaced to one another via an assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable ... in this case an A80161 400mm or A62361 2m RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable would be recommended depending upon the actual cable routing distance.
Chuck,
Thanks, I see it now.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's