Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] RealBathy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LH 3.9 introduced RealBathy. I tried it on my Axiom units this week. There are some things I don't understand.

The webpage at http://www.raymarine.com/multifunction-d...use3/v3-9/ says "Best of all, RealBathy requires no chart purchase or subscription."

The LH 3.9 Advanced Operation manual says "For tidal environments, ensure you have LightHouse NC2 cartography that includes tidestation information for your location."

In my testing it appears to record and display depth data but the function to set a Tidal Height Correction doesn't work. When prompted to select a tidal station from the list of available, the list is empty.

That suggests to me I don't have the proper cartography.

I do have the latest NOAA Vector-East Coast USA (3/31/2019). Is that different from NC2? Again from the web page: "Launching alongside LightHouse 3.9 Annapolis are Raymarine’s second generation LightHouse NC2 vector charts for North America."

So it isn't clear to me if I have NC2 or not, where to acquire NC2, and if there is a cost associated for it. Or if my issues is something entirely different.
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum danderer,

Q1. I do have the latest NOAA Vector-East Coast USA (3/31/2019). Is that different from NC2? Again from the web page: "Launching alongside LightHouse 3.9 Annapolis are Raymarine’s second generation LightHouse NC2 vector charts for North America."
A1. LightHouse NC2 charts are indeed a new product offered by Raymarine. Unlike other LightHouse charts, LightHouse NC2 charts feature Tide and Current Data.

Q2. So it isn't clear to me if I have NC2 or not, where to acquire NC2, and if there is a cost associated for it. Or if my issues is something entirely different.
A2. See the response to Q1. LightHouse NC2 charts may be purchased/ordered from an Authorized Raymarine Dealer.
Q3: Are LightHouse NC2 charts available for download at the Lighthouse Chart Store (charts.raymarine.com)?

Q4: What is the price of the NC2 offerings?

Q5: I've briefly surveyed a few of my local authorized dealers listed and none seem to know about NC2. Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.
danderer,

Q1: Are LightHouse NC2 charts available for download at the Lighthouse Chart Store (charts.raymarine.com)?
A1. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2: What is the price of the NC2 offerings?
A2. Please refer to the previously referenced FAQ.

Q3: I've briefly surveyed a few of my local authorized dealers listed and none seem to know about NC2. Not sure how to proceed.
A3. This doesn't surprise me as they have not yet been released. When released, they may be ordered via the part # listed within the previously referenced FAQ.
Thanks Chuck. Much better information than I've found anywhere else.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's