Raymarine forum

Full Version: [LW11] Ongoing trouble with Follow On Tiller - new revision available?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two Follow On Tiller connected to my Evo autopilot. I had two of the very first tiller available last year, and both failed minutes after putting them to use. Both developed stiffness and felt "rough".

Germany Ray support told me that this was a known problem of the first revision of the Follow On Tiller product, and the tiller were exchanged against a new revision.

Now one of the tiller starts developing the very same problem, again.
Ray support sends me a new one, again.

But I really wonder: Will I get a tiller with the same construction ("revision 2"), which will most probably fail again after some months? Or did the hardware change again to a new revision, so that the tiller will work for years to come?
Dear JBuss,

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of an issues and this is currently with engineering to investigate and address, I cannot provide a timeframe as to when we will have an answer to resolve the issue.

Many Thanks
Louise
thank you, Louise.

So best I can do now is to let Ray Germany send me a new one and wait until this issue is finally resolved? How can I get a noticed when this happens?
Reference URL's