Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Thanks for adding me to the forum I wanted to ask I have an axiom 9 display and have a yamaha f150 2009 model what is it that I exactly need to show engine data on the axiom display?
I also want to added a smaller display that shows depth and speed will the E70064 work? What will I need to connect that to my axiom as I would like to use the depth and speed data from the axiom unit is that possible? I would also like to connect my ray 52 but with it all as well and possibly add a rady
Radar can someone please point me in the correct direction?
Thankyou
Michael
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Michael,

Q1. I have an axiom 9 display and have a yamaha f150 2009 model what is it that I exactly need to show engine data on the axiom display?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should your engine be compatible with Yamaha's CommandLink or CommandLink Plus products, then it would be recommended that the engine be interfaced to the system via an iTC-5. For more information regarding the specifics of connecting the Yamaha engines via the ECI-100, please refer to the Yamaha tab of the ECI-100 Connectivity web page. While it is possible to utilize SeaTalkng networking components for the engine backbone, your diagram appears to be lacking in power for the engine backbone as would be accommodated by Yamaha's Command Link components.

Q2. I also want to added a smaller display that shows depth and speed will the E70064 work? What will I need to connect that to my axiom?
A2. If seeking to add or repeat speed through water and depth data within a small instrument, you may want to consider adding an E70145 i40 Bidata Instrument System (includes transducers) or E70066 i40 Bidata Instrument (w/o transducers) to the system. The i40 Bidata Instrument may be interfaced t the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit, which in turn may be interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 2000 communications interface.

Q3. As I would like to use the depth and speed data from the axiom unit is that possible?
A3. Please note that the MFD (or interfaced GPS sensor) does not determine speed through water. The MFD determines SOG (speed over ground). While the i40 Bidata and i40 Speed may be config be configured to repeat Speed (through water) from the Raymarine system, they cannot be configured to repeat SOG. Accordingly, you may want to consider the i40 Bidata System unless seeking to install a more capable instrument such as an i50 Tridata or i70 MFID.

Q4. I would also like to connect my ray 52 with it.
A4. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will be installed onboard the boat to accommodate interface the MFD and Ray52 to the system. This backbone may include the aforementioned SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. The backbone will need sufficient spur sockets to accommodate interfacing each of the devices (ex. MFD, Ray50, etc. ) having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface a a spur to the backbone. One additional spur socket will be required to power the backbone. With the exception of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and Element displays, a Raymarine product's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface will feature a SeaTalkng socket. The SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and Element displays feature a DeviceNet (M) socket. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing these device may be adapted to be mated to a spur socket within a backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.

Q5. And possibly add a radar.
A5. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's