Raymarine forum

Full Version: [DG11] Rudder Damping on EV-200
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is the Rudder Damping still adjustable on the EV-200? I have the EV-200 system with ACU-200, EV-1, P70R, with an Octopus Type R with Rudder Reference sensor installed on my 18 foot bowrider with an I/O. While trolling at 2mph, it seems sometimes the autopilot is working against itself. It will turn 1/2-3/4 turn to port, then immediately 1/2-3/4 turn to starboard without ever re-centering or allowing the boat to react before it corrects again. This causes the boat to "S" through the water."

I have moved the EV-1 sensor core to a location with 8 degrees of deviation and reset the compass and performed the dockside wizard. It does a pretty good job of keeping the boat straight, but as mentioned above, it certainly works against itself. In searching, I found the FAQ that suggests increasing the Rudder Damping by going to Menu > Auto Pilot Calibration > Drive Settings > Rudder Damping but when I go in that menu I don't have the option. Was this adjustment removed?

Regards,

Bob
Hi Bob
Thank you for your enquiry.

The rudder damping option becomes available in calibration if you unlock the pilot calibration.

Using the p70r control unit, access SET-UP/ AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION/ VESSEL SETTINGS/ CALIBRATION LOCK, turn Calibration lock OFF and then return to AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION/ DRIVE SETTINGS and you will find RUDDER DAMPING is now accessible.

Regards

Derek
Awesome, thanks for your reply Derek. I will try this tonight.
HI Bob,
You are welcome
Thanks
Derek
Reference URL's