Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] More Storage from Axiom Pro's With Raymarine A80440 RCR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With 2 Axiom Pro's, have 3 charts; 2 navionics platinum, platinum plus, LH Chart, and last slot has a 32 gig storage card. Can you add 1 Raymarine A80440 RCR external card reader, with additional 32 gig storge card, and will you get more storage out of the Axiom's?
Units were professional installed by certified company, all are intergrated, and Axioms are in "Sync" mode
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

Q. Can you add 1 Raymarine A80440 RCR external card reader, with additional 32 gig storge card, and will you get more storage out of the Axiom's?
A. Yes. You may also want to consider simply using a microSD memory card having a larger storage capacity (ex. 128GB, etc.).
Oh OK, didn't know I can go bigger than a 32gb. Thanks for that.
Also, if i only have 1 32gb storage card in my 2nd. Axiom, will my 2nd axiom share the memory storage with the 1st axiom, or is it best to get the external card reader for better performance?
Fish On,

Q. if i only have 1 32gb storage card in my 2nd. Axiom, will my 2nd axiom share the memory storage with the 1st axiom, or is it best to get the external card reader for better performance?
A. Unlike cartography resources, memory card resources are not shared between MFDs. If seeking to record screen images or other features from the second MFD, then you may want to consider installation of the RCR.
Got it. Thanks again!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's