Raymarine forum

Full Version: Cpt-110 transducer cable connector pin broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Raymarine Cpt-110 thru hull transducer. When trying to connect it to the es78 MFD, it would not go in all the way. It appears that one of the pins was bent, and when attempting to straighten it out, it broke off. I realize that it is not recommended to splice the cable, but I see no other choice. The boat has launched for the season, so replacing the transducer is not an option. Can I order the extension cable and splice it to the original cable by carefully soldering each wire, or connecting through a terminal buss? Is there a better solution? Are all of the pins utilized? If not, which ones are used. It seems to work, with some flickering that appears to cycle at the same intervals. It seems to be functional, but I'm not sure if it is totally functional. The MFD and transducer are both new. Just turned on yesterday at the dock for the first time. I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Mike.....
Mike,

As you have inferred, Raymarine neither supports nor recommends splicing of fishfinder transducer cables, as such spliced cables far too often result in poor fishfinder performance, may cause damage to the fishfinding product, and may potentially void warranty of the fishfinding device. As such, it is strongly recommended that the transducer be replaced should its cable or plug become damaged. Were one to perform such a splice, all leads and shield within the cable spliced and the exposed conductors should be kept as short as is permissible. Should you identify which of the pins was broken, then it may be possible to identify the function that it supported.
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. Is there a pin diagram that shows the function of each pin? If so, where can I find it? Again, it is a CPT-110 transducer, connecting to a eS 78 chartplotter/MFD. Thanks.
Mike.....
Unfortunately, the requested diagram is not readily available for the reason stated previously. A request for the subject diagram has been submitted to the engineering team and this post will be updated accordingly upon receiving the requested diagram.
Thanks Chuck.
Reference URL's