Raymarine forum

Full Version: [DG11] EV100 Wheel: motor does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last weekend the motor of my EV100 Wheel stopped working. The display reads "MOT STALLED". The steering unit below deck is still connected to the 12V power correctly, the display works fine, but the engine does not react at all. Earlier this year, I got the "MOT STALLED" error sometimes, but that was when the autopilot had been working correctly for a while. Switching the autopilot on and off helped at that time. Now it no longer does: as soon as I engage the autopilot, there is no reaction from the motor whatsoever and the error displays seconds later.

Is the engine available as a spare part? I have a ST6001 unit.
Hi Capglider

Thankyou for your enquiry.

MOT STALLED indicates the drive unit has stopped respoinding, it could be the motor brushes or something else more terminal within the drive unit.

The electric motor can be replaced, the current spare part number for the grey mk2 drives is A18086.

Regards

Derek
Thanks for your reply. Is there any way I can make sure my current drive is a Mk2?
Hi Capglider

The MK2 is grey versus the mk1 which is black, the mk1 also uses a series of 7 exposed roller wheels inside the drive ring, whereas the mk2 uses ball bearings running inside a cage inside the drive ring.
Thanks
Derek
Reference URL's