Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] In hull transducer/ instrument recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For 6 years I have been successfully receiving depth info from my i40 depth display linked to a 2003 vintage b744v throughull transducer. These have performed flawlessly with the rest of my St instruments (RL80c plotter, ST60 multi displays)

Today the i40 stopped receiving data - showing “- - -“ only for depth.
I presume the issue lies with the transducer.

Having just had the boat hauled for service and maintenance I am loathe to have her hauled yet again to replace the transducer.

What are your recommendations for either:
a) A new in-hull transducer that would be compatible with the i40 depth
Or, if this is not possible,
b) a new in-hull transducer and new depth display that would be compatible with my existing St instruments

Thanks,

Neil Scott
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

Q1) A new in-hull transducer that would be compatible with the i40 depth
A1) Unlike the i50 Depth &Tridata instruments and iTC-5, the ST40 Depth & Bidata instruments as well as the currently sold i40 Depth & Bidata instruments are not suited (insufficient power output) for use with an in-hull transducers. The ST40 Depth & Bidata instruments as well as the i40 Depth & Bidata instruments must be interfaced to a thru-hull or transom mounted instrument depth transducer.

Q2) a new in-hull transducer and new depth display that would be compatible with my existing St instruments
A2) It is recommended that an i50 Depth instrument display along with an E26001-pz P79 In-Hull Depth instrument transducer be used as a replacement for the ST40 Depth instrument. The SeaTalk cable which is presently connected to the i40 Depth instrument may be unplugged from the instrument and connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The A06047 SeaTalk Adapter Cable would then be used to interface the i50 Depth instrument to the D244 Junction Block.
Reference URL's