Raymarine forum

Full Version: 2 mfd's, do I need 2 separate CF Cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 Raymarine E80 MFD's. I only have 1 Navionics card. Do I need another Navionics card to see more than just the Raymarine basemaps on the MFD that doesnt have a card inserted? These mfd's are connected vika the SeatalkHS switch along with my DSM30.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum unixdood,

When interfaced to one another via an Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) network, E-Series Classic MFDs are designed to share all system data except for NTSC/PAL video. Should both MFDs be switched ON and should the MFDs not be sharing Navionics cartography with one another, then it is recommended that you verify that the MFDs have both been updated with the latest E-Series Classic MFD software (i.e. they must be operating with the same version of software).

From a system troubleshooting/fault isolation perspective, if there is a problematic component in the system, the system may be fault isolated by
- duplicating the failure on the day when the troubleshooting will be performed
- reduce the SeaTalkhs network to the two MFDs. Operate the system for a long enough period of time to ensure yourself that the system is functioning properly ... this may require several hours of operation. Should the system function in a stable manner, then interface another SeaTalkhs device and operate the system for a long enough period of time to ensure yourself that the system is functioning properly. As each device is added, operate the system for a long enough period of time to ensure yourself that the system is functioning properly Should the system function in a stable manner, then interface the PC running RayTech software to the SeaTalkhs Network. Should the system function in a stable manner, then interface the Digital Radar Scanner (if any) to the SeaTalkhs network. Should the system function in a stable manner, then interface the SR100 (if any) to the SeaTalkhs network. Should system instability be encountered with the addition of any device, then one should connect the device to a different port within the SeaTalkhs Network Switch. Should the problem persist, then that device's SeaTalkhs cable should be replaced or the device should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced.

Second Fault Isolation Method:
In a system consisting of more that two SeaTalkhs nodes (a node would be any of the following: E-Series Classic MFD, PC running RayTech RNS 6.x software, DSM30/DSM300G, SR100, or Digital/HD/SuperHD radar scanner)), when communications between the Data Master and non-Data Master MFDs is interrupted, the failing MFD or MFD having a failing SeaTalkhs cable will not report the other SeaTalkhs devices within the SeaTalkhs Device List which each MFD is capable of displaying (MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->EXTERNAL INTERFACES->SEATALKHS->DEVICES). After identify the MFD which does not list the other SeaTalkhs devices,
- try plugging its SeaTalkhs cable into a different port within the SeaTalkhs Network Switch and retest the system
- replace the SeaTalkhs cable connecting the device to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch and retest the system
- send the problematic device to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested / serviced.
thank you so much. It turns out only 1 of the MFD's was at the newest Firmware. I updated the other one and I can see the charts on BOTH. Thanks again for your help!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's