Raymarine forum

Full Version: [LW11] Cog on axiom showing 000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running axiom9 (e70366 1170469) software version 3.9.46

Intermittently, the COG is showing 000 and the tide against me shows a crazy high number (which looks like it is adding my log speed as a vector on 000). Something's not right! I didn't have this problem before the latest update. I'm currently on a 3 day passage and due to cross Biscay in a few days' time. It would be great to get this sorted.

Thanks
Dear YourOldNemesis,

Thank you for your post.

From the image it looks like your boat heading is 180' wrong. The vectors should be bow orientated and not from the stern.

What autopilot are you using?

Have you got SOG?

Have you got a good GPS fix?

Where is your heading data coming from?

How many GPS sources are there on the vessel?

Please have a look here for further information about this subject.

Many Thanks
Louise
(07-04-19 10:26 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote: [ -> ]Dear YourOldNemesis,

Thank you for your post.

From the image it looks like your boat heading is 180' wrong. The vectors should be bow orientated and not from the stern.

It's not 180 degrees wrong, it simply reads 000, if it were 180 degrees out, it would move a bit!

Quote:What autopilot are you using?
ST6001 - which carries on on the correct course, even when the chartplotter is showing a cog of 000

Quote:Have you got SOG?
Yes

Quote:Have you got a good GPS fix?
Yes, on other units not on stng network

Quote:Where is your heading data coming from?
I don't know how to tell, is it configurable? My guess is the fluxgate attached to the ST6001, or the GPS in the Axiom

Quote:How many GPS sources are there on the vessel?
As far as I know, the only ones on the stng network are the AIS unit and the chartplotter itself

Charlie
Dear YourOldNemisis,

Thank you for the response.

Your boat heading is different to your COG. The heading data will come from your fluxgate compass and the COG comes from your GPS antenna. Usually heading and COG vectors appear starting at the bow of the vessel when underway.

Look at the vectors you have from the stern of your vessel the COG is the blue line and the purple is a tidal vector that appears when the system lacks data to calculate the tidal vector.

The COG vector coming from your stern and the tidal vector are all indicating an issue with your GPS data. Try turning on your heading vector and see how this relates to the COG vector.

I recommend a power on reset to the unit, before commencing this you will need to back up all settings and data as all of this will be deleted (including waypoints and routes).

Power the unit down from the breaker> power the unit back on> swipe the power on button from right to left as the unit powers up 5 times (just keep swiping in case you miss one)> the standby LED will turn purple and a small menu will appear> following the instructions select erase and reset the unit

Once this is completed you will need to complete the boat wizard for your vessel.

Have a look at the GPS signal in the homescreen>touch the Lat & Lon data>select satellites>what is the HDOP figure and how many satellites are there? -

Please send in a diagram of your system installation with all of the products, software revisions and how they are connected.

Many Thanks
Louise
Reference URL's