Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Pathfinder radar display won't illuminate when turned on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a 2002 Raymarine Pathfinder SL72 Plus radar display unit.

1) Appears display screen won't illuminate when turned on for night use.

2) The control Keys do illuminate like manual saids.

3) I want to know. Is it easy to replace a lighting element in radar display unit?

4) Has anybody taken one of these apart before? Or would I be wasting my time trying.

5) And where do I find parts for repair?
Other than that. Radar unit works fine.

Thanks

Ron
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ron,

Q1) Appears display screen won't illuminate when turned on for night use.
A1) Please note that the Night palette setting will typically prevent the display's screen from being viewed in sunlight. The display's palette should be configured to to the Day palette when operating in daylight.

Q2) I want to know. Is it easy to replace a lighting element in radar display unit?
A2) Support for rendering repairs to the internal circuitry of Raymarine products is not supported. Such repairs would have been recommended to be performed by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. Unfortunately, parts and service for hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, and Fishfinder Displays are no longer available from Raymarine. Accordingly and should the display's backlighting circuitry have suffered a failure, it would then be necessary to locate a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display within the second hand market or to upgrade the system. While Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service these MFDs, Seawire Marine ((305) 489-1600) may be able to assist you with repairs to this legacy radar display.
Reference URL's