Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] New EVO Autopilot work with RL80C?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2001 Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge with RL80C Display and 4' Open Array Radar, Tri-Data, GPS and an ST7000+ autopilot which is all original to the boat. All of it works great but the autopilot has been having issues that I've tried to correct. I would like to replace just the autopilot, is that possible? If so, what do I need to make it work with my old equipment?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum truk911,

While an Evolution autopilot may be used with a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Display, it would be recommended that it be interfaced to the display's NMEA 0183 output communications interface. An Actisense NGW-1-ISO NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device would typically be recommended for this purpose. A NMEA 0183 Output Cable packaged with each Pathfinder Series Display. Should this cable not be located then 1/8" female blade connectors may be attached to the NGW-1-ISO's NMEA 0183 input leads to permit them to be mated to the 1/8" male blade connectors within the Pathfinder Series Display's NMEA 0183 Output socket. The NGW-1-ISO's DeviceNet (M) plug may be adapted (via an A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet Female Cable) to be mated to spur socket within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Reference URL's