Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] No contact with ITC-5, Seatalk Ng
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a newbie, I try my first post in this forum:

I run a standard Seatalk Ng network powered by an ACU-200. To the network, an Axiom plotter and an Evolution autopilot is connected.

The plan was to install the combined echosounder/speed/temperature sensor (DST800) by use of an ITC-5 converter. This is when the problem started:

I see that the ITC-5 diods flashes for the connected sensors. I take that as a proof that the back bone cable is OK. Is that correct?

According to the Axiom, no sensors are connected to the network. The first guess would be the cables from the ITC-5 to the sensor. But how and where do I measure?

I.e. between which cables?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kornelia,

Calibration of an instrument transducer sensing depth, wind, speed through water, and temperature from in instrument transducer must be performed through the instrument which the transducer has been interfaced to unless the transducer is a Smart Transducer or has been interfaced to an iTC-5. Instead, Smart transducers as well as transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5 must be calibrated by an i70S/i70 MFID within the system ... MFDs cannot perform this function. Alarms and offsets associated such transducers must also be configured within the i70S/i70 MFIDs. Details for speed through water calibration may be found with 7.3 Speed calibration of the i70S Instrument Installation & Operation Instructions .
Tank's a lot Chuck!

I was not aware that these sensors had to be calibrated. In the god old days, with stand alone systems for everything, no calibration was needed for speed trasducers (Could be done, but was not needed in order to get a reading of speed)
You're welcome.
Reference URL's