Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] ST60 / I70 Wind Angle - how to verify which is right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have read the post by Tom from Ray Marine "ST60, ST60+, i50 analogue Wind/Rudder: angles different on another display".

I checked out the calibration of the ST60 and going into the wind. The ST60 and I70 were spot on 0. However when turning at 90 degrees they were different.

We think the ST60 is accurate and the I70 is inaccurate. Though Tom's article would not back this up.

Is there a way to verify which is accurate. I have tried looking at the transducer and windex on the mast head but that is too hard.

My guess is the I70 response time is slower then the ST60.

The Transducer is wired directly into the ST60 and the ST60 is connected to the Raynet(NG) network which the I70 is plugged into.

Short cable run on a Catalina 30.

Steve
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

While there is most certainly the possibility of latency being the cause of the reported symptom, it is also possible that the symptom may be caused by the pointer offset issues. The latter will result in the numerical wind angle value transmitted by the wind instrument to differ from the analog (pointer) wind angle value. Please see the Self Test Procedure (Chapter 1 page 1), which begins on Chapter 1 - page 1 of the ST60 Wind Instrument Service Manual. Stage 3 of this procedure addresses corrections to the pointer offset.
Reference URL's