Raymarine forum

Full Version: [TG11] Yamaha App Fuel calibration problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
Just finished connecting the Yamaha gateway 6YG-8A2D0-00-00 to my Axioms through the Raymarine backbone. Opened the Settings in the Yamaha App in LH3.10.39 then Advanced tab. This gives an option to Calibrate fuel flow which shows 0% until I turn on the ignition of one of my engines, then it turns to 8%. If I touch the box to change back to 0% the Axiom will reboot every time. I updated MFD's to LH3.10.42 to see if it was a bug but didn't fix. Now I have lost a fuel option tab for customizing my Dashboard App page. Could all these problems be bugs in the latest software updates ? Is it possible to download an earlier software version from somewhere ?
Hello Laraby,

I’m sorry to hear that your Axiom is crashing when running the new software. I haven’t come across this as an issue before myself, but here are some things I’d like to go through in order to find out what’s causing the problem:

1. Whenever Lighthouse 3 software encounters a problem it produces a Crash Log. Your system therefore should contain several crash logs which give us important information about the cause of the crash. Attached is a document which explains how to save crash logs and system diagnostic data from your Axiom onto a MicroSD card. Please could you walk through this document and save crash logs and system diagnostics to a MicroSD card and send to me?

2. *After* you have saved the crash logs, please could you back-up all of your settings and data to the same MicroSD card (again, described in the attached document) and then perform a Factory Reset on the display (Home > Settings > This Display > Factory Reset). Please make sure you do not factory reset until you are sure you’ve successfully backed up all of your data. A reset doesn’t erase anything from the MicroSD card but does wipe all setup from the display. I suspect in particular that the reset will fix the missing fuel data item problem, as my v3.10.42 system does include the fuel data items that are missing from your system.

3. If the problem still remains after the factory reset (resets do solve many problems caused by things like stale/incorrect settings or internal configuration left over from the previous software, so it may well solve the problem in your case), please could you record: 1) the NMEA2000 data and 2) a video on your phone, of the sequence of steps leading up to the crash so that our engineers can replicate the problem. The sequence of steps should be:
i. Go to Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > NMEA Devices & Messages > Start Recording (as in the screenshot below)
ii. Start videoing the screen, so that we can see the steps from this point. Please video the whole screen, and try to move the camera slowly and smoothly so that we can clearly read the text on the screen etc., and show the whole screen at all times if possible.
iii. Exit the Diagnostic menu and follow the steps you normally follow in order to prompt the problem (trying to calibrate the fuel flow)
iv. Keep recording until the display has restarted, then stop the video and make sure that the NMEA2000 recording is stopped (it may be stopped by the display crash/reboot.)

Thanks,
Tom
Reference URL's