Raymarine forum

Full Version: [LW11] Proposal new functions in LH3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
There are a few improvements that would be quite easy to add to the LH3.

1. Since introduction of the sailing functions in LH3.9 its important to show as a minimum the polar target speed in knots and % and be able to show it as overlay on the maps. Maybe its there but I cant find it. Can the target speed and % also be sent via N2k to a P70s instrument?

2. Why cant I show my boats real size on the screen? I would like to put in boat length, bow to MFD (GPS), MFD (GPS) offset to centerline etc. This would give a more precise navigation. If you need inspiration how to do it have a look how its done in OpenCPN. Open Source sw that its free to download.

3. How do I get the track on the screen automatic? Have not find any selection for that. I want to have a selection to do this automatic without manual work. In LH3.10 manual chapter 7.3 its described how to do it manually.

4. When showing time on the screen as an overlay, it would be good to also have alternative time format without seconds i.e. hh:mm.

5. I have a MOB button connected to my Nexus NX2 system, this works great inside my Nexus units. Do Raymarine have any unit that can detect a 12V signal as MOB and send it further into N2k/STNG so it can be presented on my Axiom MDF? Or do I have to purchase a Yacht Device YDAB-01 to solve this?
Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your response.

I will send your suggestions and feedback to the product manager for consideration.

1) You cannot view the polar target speed in a numerical value or percentage on the charts on via the STng network on the P70s.

2) This will be reviewed by the product manager.

3)The track function is not automatic, you are required to enable this manually.

4)This will be reviewed by the product manager.

5)We do not have a product that can recognise a 12v supply and convert to N2K for MOB.

Many Thanks
Louise
Hello,

Proposal earlier: 'its important to show as a minimum the polar target speed in knots and % and be able to show it as overlay on the maps'

I do see there a huge commercial potential for Raymarine to introduce these functionalities to MFD:s. Hope you can consider to introduce these soon in to LH!

I wonder that we might get more votes from the members of this forum for these functionalities!

Thanks!

Tuomo
Reference URL's