Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Can the p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS AP Control Heads be used with older autopilots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

My question pertains to this topic which has been closed it seems. Original text:

"http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=729"

If the new P70 is linked to the older course computer using a a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block and an A22164 Adapter Cable. How do I get wind information to the pilot course computer if all other instruments are Seatalkng? Would I then need to use the Seatalk - seatalkng converter from the 5-way connector to the junction box?

Thanks,

Rom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ROM,

With the exception of XPS Autopilots (X5, X10, X30, etc), the SeaTalk port of compatible autopilot course computers must be interfaced to p70S/p70RS/p70/p70R Autopilot Control heads via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. SPX autopilots must also be updated with the latest available software. Should the system feature instruments and other compatible devices having a SeaTalk communications interface, but lacking a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s) would need to be added to be backbone to support interfacing these devices to the autopilot.

For other compatible Raymarine autopilots and autopilot course computers, the p70S/p70RS/p70/p70R Autopilot Control heads may be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus which the autopilot course computer is presently interfaced to. This is possible because the communications interface of the i70S will support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications depending upon whether it has been interfaced to a SeaTalk buss or to a SeaTalkng backbone.

Should you have any additional questions on this subject then please specify the model of Raymarine autopilot course computer which is presently installed onboard the boat.
Hi Chuck,

Very helpful, thank you for the reply.

rom
You're welcome.
Reference URL's