Raymarine forum

Full Version: [LW11] suggestion on waypoints management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I recently have an axiom 9 with 3.10.42 sw version.
I think that the way how the waypoints are managed is cumbersome and I'd like to suggest a different and more efficient management.

It shoul be useful to differenciate between waypoints and markers.
Markers should be used to fix some specific positions, such as good anchoring or good fishing points or any other relevant position. and markers could be organized in groups (Not the waypoints)
Waypoints shoud be strictly linked to specific routes: any routes has their specific waypoints, so when I hide a route the waypoint are automatically hidden. Moreover, being a so specific link between waypoints and routes, the waypoints, related to a specific route, can be numered simply starting by number 1. Waypoint of another route
will be numered as well starting from 1, because there are not possibility of confusion being linked each group to a specific route.
In this way, it will be also avoided to have all waypoints numered globally.
I have right now waypoints identified with number 451 and more in the future.
Moreover ther is no need to display on screen the written "waypoint 451", but simply starting from number 1 for each route. Easier to be displayied.

With the actual management, the procedure is: create a route, group the waypoints with a specific name, and when I need to recall another route, I have to hide not only the route but also the group related to that route, avoiding to have long denominations that covers other details on the screen.
regards
Salvatore
Dear Sgucci99,

I have sent your suggestion to the product manager who will review it for future ideas.

Many Thanks
Louise
Reference URL's