Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Creating Raster Charts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have two boats, each with a Raymarine eS78 MFD. One updated to Lighthouse 3, the other on Lighthouse 2 (for now).

Is there any software I can use to draw my own charts? Lighthouse, C-MAP or other? My boating area is in Antarctica so no products on the Raymarine/C-MAP chart store or Navionics.

The relevant underwater hazards we have from our old Garmin units so not fussed about depth informaiton.
If I can get a coastline to appear that'd be great - something to see the zoom scale of the chart at a glance, or quickly see where a hazard (saved as a 'Red X' waypoint) is in relaiton to me. The default world-map is missing a few islands!
The chart, as always, will remain purely an aid to navigation.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andy,

Unfortunately, the feature which you have requested is not supported. While I do not believe that Navionics offers any cartography coverage for Antarctica, I believe that C-Map may offer C-Map MAX cartography coverage for Antarctica (check out the C-Map MAX AF-M003.45 region).
Hi Chuck, thanks for your reply.

I knew I'd seen that one somewhere before but couldn't find the link again! The C-MAP preview charts are an improvement to the basic world ones, but the local islands are still a little... polygonal. Also some missing! I have a good coastline on my (relatively) new Garmin unit with 'Open Sea Map', is there no Raymarine compatible equivalent?
I think that's the one at least, C-MAP and Sea Maps can be too easily mixed up...
I'll keep the C-MAP one in mind if I can't get anything else running.

Many thanks,
Andy.
Andy,

Q. I have a good coastline on my (relatively) new Garmin unit with 'Open Sea Map', is there no Raymarine compatible equivalent?
A. Negative. I would recommend looking into the C-Map MAX AF-M003.45 region.
Reference URL's