Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Raydome digital rd424d to a series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to find the adapter for a raydome rd424d to an a127/128 anyone have a link to the product thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Teamsouthbound,

Digital/HD radomes and HD/SuperHD/Magnum open array pedestals are designed to be interfaced to Raymarine systems via a Digital Radar Cable. While currently manufactured Digital Radar Cables feature a RayNet plug to support Ethernet communications with the system, early Digital Radar Cables were manufactured with a RJ45 plug to support such communications. When mating the latter Digital Radar Cables to the Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of an HS5 RayNet Network Switch, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD, or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD the cable's RJ45 Plug will be mated to one of the following:
- an A80247 100mm RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adaptor; or
- an R32142 RJ45 to RJ45 Waterproof Coupler and an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable.
Thank you for your response . I will get a adapter part number A80247 and connect that from my a series MFD to my radar cable which will then run to my radar dome. Everything should work properly? Thank you.
Teamsouthbound,

You need to look at the Digital Radar Cable and determine whether it has been terminated with a RJ45 Plug (see photo below). These Digital Radar Cables were first introduced to support use of Digital radomes and HD/SuperHD open arrays with Raymarine's E-Series Classic MFDs, C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs, and G-Series systems. If so, then either of the options which I had previously supplied will work. The second of the two options would be used if the cable needs to be extended to the location of the MFD.

[Image: 300px-Rj45plug-8p8c.png]

Raymarine later introduced Digital Radar Cables featuring a round RayNet (F) plug which is designed to be mated to the Ethernet Network socket of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, and the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Should the Digital Radar Cable which you presently have be terminated with a RayNet (F) plug, then no adaptation should be required to permit a a127/128 MFD to be mated to the Digital Radar Cable.
Reference URL's