Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] SmartController not connecting to the SeaTalkng network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just finishing a new installation that was to include a SmartController. I purchased a cable (A06047) in order to connect the base station to a port on a SeaTalkng 5 way connector via a D244 ST1 junction block. The SmartController registers and connects to the base station with a strong signal but the base is not transmitting any data and the SmartController displays "No Pilot".
I connected the SmartController directly to the ST1 end of the A06047 cable and it still did not display any information. The other two devices that are connected to the SeaTalkng 5 way connector are working properly. Also, my Axiom MDF's do not identify this base station as a device on the network. Could this be a bad cable? Something else? Thanks.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable and SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector cannot be used for the purpose which you have employed. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the what differentiates a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter from SeaTalkng to SeaTalk Adapter Cable. In this case the base station must be interfaced to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been installed as a backbone component within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
That took care of the problem. I interpreted Adapter and Converter as doing the same thing. Thanks for your help Chuck!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's