Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Vesper Vision2 AIS to E7 MFD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I need advice on connecting a Vesper Vision2 AIS to my E7, what cabeling do I need and any helpful hints?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Craig,

As both your MFD and Vesper WatchMate Vision2 smartAIS Touchscreen Transponder features a NMEA 2000 communications interface, these products may each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to support communications between them. Should the backbone be constructed from Raymarine's SeaTalkng networking components, then the MFD would be interfaced to spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The Vesper WatchMate Vision2 smartAIS Touchscreen Transponder's NMEA 2000 communications interface features a DeviceNet (M) socket. This socket may be adapted with an A06082 SeaTalkng (M) to DeviceNet (F) Adaptor which in turn may be interfaced to spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.
Reference URL's