Raymarine forum

Full Version: Upgrades and Ruler for Axiom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the Annapolis 3.9 upgrade in May and the Bermuda 3.10 upgrade in July. The Annapolis upgrade also updated the i70 instruments and in doing so, all of my favorite pages were lost - I had pics so not too bad to replace. Is there a way to save favorite pages so they will not be lost during update? Can the update be designed to not affect favorites?
For the Bermuda 3.10 upgrade, the size of the update was too large to be done by internet, thus requiring separate SD card. Can future updates be limited in size to accompany the much simpler internet method?
Finally, I again ask about the status of including a "ruler" (distance and bearing tool) for the Axiom MFD? This is a very vital tool for navigation providing critical information that has a different function than the range and bearing determined from the vessels current location. Most all smart device apps have such a tool.

Thank you,
Bill Worsley
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

While Axiom Pro MFDs and Axiom XL MFDs have sufficient internal memory to support performing the last few software updates via WiFi, Axiom MFDs have required that a microSD memory card having 1-2 GB of available memory be present within the MFD's memory card reader during WiFi software updates. Raymarine is considering changes to the WiFi software update process which would eliminate this requirement for Axiom MFDs seeking to perform WiFi software updates.

As you have suggested i70/i70S MFIDs do not presently support backing page settings and/or configuring these MFIDs to retain their page settings during software updates. While backing up page configurations would require a significant software development effort, a feature request has been logged to consider the latter feature for inclusion within a future i70/i70S MFID software update.

Your previous request for the ruler function was previously logged for consideration to be included within a future LightHouse 3 software update and has not yet been implemented. Please refer to the FAQ regarding feature requests within that as well as this response addressing feature status requests.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Reference URL's