Raymarine forum

Full Version: E120 Classic Periodic Restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have an E120 which restarts itself about once every two hours of run time. There is no apparent reason for these restarts, they are just random while running. I assume it's a voltage dip possibly or maybe a software issue. Do you have a set of troubleshooting steps I should try?

Thanks.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hubesail,

Should the system consist of two or more MFDs, then please indicate so and also indicate what other devices having a SeaTalkhs communications interface have been interfaced to the MFD.

Should the system consist of a single E-Series Classic MFD, then it would be recommended that
- you determine whether the MFD has been updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software. If not, then the MFD's software should be updated accordingly
- should a track have been started, it is recommended that it be stopped once per 24hr cycle, saved if desired, and a new track started
- the MFD's power cable should be held approximately 8 inches from its plug and flexed side-side and up-down to determine whether such flexing causes the MFD to restart. If so, the the MFD's power cable should be replaced.
- the power circuit supplying the marine electronics should be checked to ensure that the circuit isolates the marine electronics from high current drawing equipment (pumps, starters, mascerators, thrustors, etc.)
- should the problem persist, then a Factory Reset operation should be executed after having backed up the MFD's waypoints, routes, and tracks
- should the problem persist, then the chart card should be removed from its reader and the system tested
- should the problem persist, then any plugs connected to the MFD's SeaTalk2, SeaTalk/Alarm, NMEA 0183, and SeaTalkhs ports should be disconnected and the system tested again
- Should the problem persist, then the MFD should be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center
Thanks so much for the detailed information. I'll get to work on that list of steps.

In looking at the software update, I found the information on memory card size limit recommendations and also not downloading waypoint information onto the chart card. I have already done that in doing a recent factory reset.

Will be more careful with it in the future.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's