Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Weather / Satellite Radio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information (/showthread.php?tid=10000)

[CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - miket99 - 11-25-19 12:39 PM

I am using Lighthouse III (I don't think I have the latest version) and Sirius XM Weather thru SR 150, which offers a tide feature. When I choose TIDE I see the image shown in the attachment which seems to be frozen. If I press the arrow image nothing happens and I see nothing that depicts the direction or influence of the tide in a particular area.

RE: [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-25-19 04:05 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Please note that SiriusXM Satellite Marine Weather does not include tide data. The latter must come from a Navionics or C-Map chart card within the system. More information on this subject may be found within Chapter 8.9: Tides mode of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions. Tides mode only permits one to animate the Tide and Current icons shown. The only interaction which one may have with the screen when in this mode is to press the onscreen play, pause, fast fwd, and fast reverse options. If you haven't already done so press the play button and then watch the current arrows and the magnitudes displayed within them change.

RE: [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - miket99 - 01-02-20 11:53 AM

Chuck, Thanks for the clarifying that tide data is not associated with Sirius Weather . I can find nothing in Chapter 8.9 about tides. Only radar. (?)

Also, please clarify are you saying Navionics and C-map brands of charts include tide data but the charts that came loaded on Axion do not include tide data? -mike

RE: [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-20 01:26 PM

Mike,

Q1. I can find nothing in Chapter 8.9 about tides. Only radar. (?),
A1. It is possible that you may have been using a version of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions for an earlier LightHouse 3 software release. It is recommended that you click on the link provided within my initial response to view the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions. You will find that Chapter 8.9 specifically addresses Tides mode.

Q2. Please clarify are you saying Navionics and C-map brands of charts include tide data but the charts that came loaded on Axion do not include tide data?
A2. Except for cartography featuring little detail (i.e. not meant for navigation) which is used by the system when ranged well out, Raymarine MFDs feature no pre-loaded cartography within the internal memory of the MFDs. Similarly, Raymarine MFDs feature no pre-loaded tide and current data. Like those of most other manufacturers, Raymarine's MFDs are entirely dependent upon a compatible chart card (Navionics chart card, C-Map chart card, LighHouse NC2 chart card, or microSD card which has populated with LightHouse Charts) to be present within the MFD's memory card reader (or one of the other networked MFDs within the system) or within a Remote Card Reader (RCR) which has been interfaced to a MFD. Navionics, C-Map, LightHouse, and LightHouse NC2 charts may be separately purchased for use with one's MFD. Please click here to view Raymarine's web page concerning the marine charts which may be used with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. Raymarine MFDs may be also bundled with LightHouse Charts, Navionics charts, or C-Map Charts. Of these only Navionics and C-Map Charts include tide & current data. LightHouse NC2 Charts, which may be separately purchased from an Authorized Raymarine Dealer, also included tide & current data.

Accordingly, to view the tide information discussed within Chapter 8.9: Tides mode of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions, a Navionics, C-Map, or LightHouse NC2 chart card must be present within the MFD's memory card reader or RCR, the settings of the Chart application page/pane being viewed must be configured to display the cartography setting (MENU->SETTINGS->CARTOGRAPHY) corresponding to the type of chart card being used, and the Chart view should be configured to Detailed (i.e. not Weather or Sonar if these options exist within the Menu).

RE: [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - miket99 - 01-02-20 03:56 PM

1. Yes, I was in the BASIC manual not the ADVANCE. All good now
2. I have the NOAA charts that came with the Axiom and understand that that product does not provide TIDE data.
3. Thanks for your help -mike t

RE: [CA11] Sirius Weather Tide information - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-20 04:15 PM

You're welcome.